Director, Owner & Principle Consultant
Gary is an experienced winemaker who travels widely throughout Australia and overseas providing technical advice and assistance to wine industry clients on all aspects of wine production. This provides him with the opportunity to remain up to date with world wide winemaking trends and viticultural issues.
Gary has qualifications in biochemistry and wine science and many years experience in senior winemaking and management; wine show judging, wine research and extension.
He is one of Australia’s most respected wine professionals.
Owner, Director & Senior Consultant
Owner & Operator
Group Leader Extension Services,
Assistant Winemaker to Chief Winemaker & General Manager
Production Manager & cidermaker
Bachelor Applied Science (Wine Science)
Diploma of Biochemistry
- Professional Member, Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology
(Past President and current member of ASVO Wine Show Committee)
- Professional Member, American Society of Enology and Viticulture
Industry Committees & Activities
- Senior judge at National and regional wine shows since 1994, has judged at Royal shows in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Hobart and at major regional shows including, Rutherglen, Australian Small Winemakers Show, Stanthorpe Ballarat, Qantas western Australian wine show, Margaret River, Boutique Wine Awards and many others.
- Member of the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria, Royal Melbourne Wine Show Committee
- 1984 -1990 - Committee Member Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference
- Chairman Program Committee, 5th International Cool Climate Symposium, Melbourne, January 16-21, 2000
- Associate Editor, Oenology, Australian and New Zealand Wine Industry Journal
- Regular contributor to the Australian and New Zealand Wine Industry Journal for winemaking articles
- Justice of the peace, NSW