Winery design, establishment & Project Management
Through the diverse background and skills of the Wine Network team of consultants and associates, we have the capacity to manage a wide range of projects for the wine and beverage industry. Projects range from small scale expansion through to full winery establishment.
We recognise that most winemakers may not have the resources to manage their own projects and may require assistance from an organisation that understands their total business. In addressing their specific needs we may take on one of three roles:
- As advisers to the winemaker/owner who is choosing to directly control the project development. In these cases we provide an independent third party assessment of the project at all stages;
- As an integral part of the project team working closely with the architects, builders, contractors and other participants. In this role we are the winery owner’s representative on the team responsible for developing the winery to suit their production requirements;
- As overall project managers for the delivery of turn-key wineries in accordance with the client’s budget and time restraints.
Wine Network projects include some or all of the following elements:
- Feasibility studies;
- Concept development;
- Operating and capital cost estimation;
- Equipment specification, sourcing, procurement, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance;
- Design and installation of winery processes, refrigeration, effluent treatment, packaging and other services;
- Development of start-up and operating procedures;
- Operating personnel recruitment and training;
- Contract preparation, negotiation and execution.
We are currently involved in the establishment of several small to medium sized wineries in Victoria and are providing advice to several other projects. Some past projects include:
- Heathcote Estate, Central Victoria (500 tonne)
- Stoniers Winery, Mornington Peninsula (500 tonne);
- Palandri Wines, Margaret River (2000 tonnes and now expanding to 5000 tonnes);
- Voyager Estate, Margaret River (750 tonnes);
- Balgownie Estate, Bendigo (300 tonnes);
- Millbrook Winery, Jaradale (250 tonnes);
- Kooyong Estate, Mornington Peninsula (250 tonnes);
- Rosevears Estate, Tamar Valley (250 tonnes);
- Willow Creek, Mornington Peninsula (200 tonnes).